Many personal injury claims begin with normal daily activities – the evening commute home, a walk in the park, or another day on the job. The only difference between that day and any other is someone’s careless, reckless, or malicious behavior. Injurious incidents happen in the blink of an eye, turning normal activities into destructive, life-changing events. In the aftermath of these incidents, victims and their families often struggle financially, physically, and emotionally. Our Fort Worth personal injury lawyers understand the devastating nature of serious injuries and losses. We will serve as your compassionate counselor and relentless legal advocate while you focus on getting well.
At The Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert, we represent those who experience loss in preventable incidents throughout the Fort Worth area. Whether a distracted driver T-boned your daughter’s vehicle on the way home from school or you fell from an unsafe platform at work, we can help. In taking civil action against the person or people responsible, you can achieve justice and secure the financial compensation you need to move forward.
As your legal representatives, Aaron A. Herbert and his team will help you find qualified medical support, navigate the state insurance system, and protect your right to a full financial recovery. Contact us anytime at (214) 200-4878 for a free case evaluation.
Personal Injury Claims in Fort Worth
Personal injury claims arise from preventable injurious or deadly incidents. When individuals fail to use a certain standard of care during daily activities and their actions proximately cause injury or death, those people are legally responsible for the outcome. In Texas, the majority of claims fall under a modified comparative negligence rule. The rule affects how courts assign fault and damages in a case. An injured individual can only recover compensation for the other party’s percentage of fault.
If the injured individual (plaintiff) contributed to the incident, the court may reduce the total damages based on that percentage of fault. The courts will not award damages to anyone responsible for more than 50% of the incident.
An injury attorney plays a crucial role in cases settled both inside and outside a courtroom. Insurance investigators and defendants will look for reasons to assign fault to the plaintiff and lower his or her payout. Injury attorneys protect their clients from unfair fault claims, improper investigations, and common defense arguments. Great attorneys build airtight cases to give their clients the best chance for a fair recovery.
With help from the right Fort Worth personal injury lawyer, you can protect your right to compensation for current and future medical expenses, lost quality of life, pain and suffering, lost wages, future income, and more. We have a track record of success that spans thousands of personal injury matters. Our team has the resources and the legal background to pursue a case all the way to trial if necessary. We will never compromise when it comes to our clients’ futures. You deserve the best possible outcome after suffering a serious injury.
Why Choose the Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert?
When you need a personal injury attorney, it is essential to find one with the experience and resources necessary to handle the complexities of your case.
• Aaron A. Herbert is one of the few attorneys in Texas to achieve board certification in personal injury law, a distinction only 2% of Texas attorneys have earned.
• We have extensive experience with the Texas court system and are unafraid of intense litigation on behalf of our clients.
• Our firm has more than a decade of experience with all types of personal injury claims and can help our clients maximize their recoveries after suffering injuries from negligence.
When you work with the Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert, you can rest assured knowing your legal issues are in capable and experienced hands so you can focus on your recovery.
How Much Does a Personal Injury Attorney Cost?
The assumed high cost of attorney services unfortunately deters many people from seeking assistance when they need it most. At the Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert, we want to make legal aid as accessible as possible regardless of our clients’ ability to pay.
We take every case with a contingency fee agreement instead of billing clients directly for our time spent working on their cases and our expenses. With a contingency fee, you pay nothing if we do not win your case. If we do secure a settlement or jury award for your personal injury claim, our fees will come as a portion of the net award. We stake our success on yours.
Explore Our Areas of Practice
At The Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert, we handle claims involving all types of accidents and injuries. Some of the most common types of claims we take on include:
- Car accidents. In 2016, Texas recorded 14,202 crashes that injured 17,582 people. Our firm handles all motor vehicle accidents including those involving motorcycle crashes, DWI, ride sharing companies and much more. If you suffered an injury on the roadways or in a parking lot in Texas, we can represent you. Our team understands the nuances of Texas traffic laws, the insurance industry, and the laws that govern injury claims.
- Dog bites. Texas dog bite laws are complex. If a dog attacked you, the circumstances of the bite will largely determine the legal remedies available to you. Our team can guide you through the state’s one-bite rule, homeowner’s insurance coverage, and formal negligence claims.
- Wrongful death. When someone dies as the result of a preventable incident, we help surviving family members obtain compensation for the loss of a loved one. Our firm offers complete wrongful death support for cases involving car accidents, workplace incidents, assault, and more.
- Construction accidents. Construction is a high-risk industry for anyone involved. We represent workers and visitors who suffer injuries or die as the result of a preventable construction incident. Our attorneys help individuals with insurance claims, third-party claims, and other legal matters.
- Workplace accidents. After a workplace accident, employees may or may not have access to workers’ compensation benefits. We handle cases involving workers’ compensation claims as well as those involving formal lawsuits against employers who do not offer insurance benefits.
- Slip and fall accidents. When you slip and fall on someone else’s property, the property owner may bear responsibility for the incident. Our attorneys handle premises liability cases involving injurious falls on commercial, public, and private properties.
- Truck Accident Injuries. Fort Worth sees a number of semi truck accidents. Our lawyers can help those who became a victim of the serious damages a large semi truck could potentially cause.
If you experience an accident, give our team a call. During a free consultation, we can help you understand our range of practice areas, resources, and capabilities. When we take on a claim, we put the full force of our firm behind it. You deserve a firm that is accessible, professional, and passionate. We look forward to the opportunity to put our decades of experience to work for you.
Personal Injury Compensation in Fort Worth
One of the first questions our prospective clients ask involves the worth of a claim. Every case is different, and only an experienced attorney can help you understand the possibility of compensation. The type of incident, severity of injury, time frame for recovery, and the behaviors of the defendant largely influence the amount of compensation available in any claim.
In the city of Fort Worth, if you choose to pursue a personal injury claim, you may have access to both economic and noneconomic damages. Economic damages are compensatory. They help you recoup actual financial losses from an incident and may include compensation for:
- Medical expenses. You may recover damages for all existing and future expenses associated with the injury including ambulance rides, transportation to medical facilities, hospital stays, specialist visits, surgery, rehabilitation, and at-home care.
- Lost wages, benefits, and future income. Many preventable injuries force individuals to spend precious time away from the office. A personal injury claim can provide support for temporary or permanent job changes associated with the injury.
- Other economic losses. Serious injuries may prevent an individual from maintenance and property upkeep activities. A claim may provide support for new household expenses and a spouse’s lost wages.
In addition to compensation for financial loss, the court may award noneconomic damages including:
- Pain and suffering. The state recognizes the physical and emotional pain an accident victim can experience.
- Permanent physical changes. A claim may provide financial compensation for those who experience disfigurement or physical impairment.
- Emotional and social losses. A plaintiff may receive damages for the lost ability to maintain relationships or enjoy life in the same way.
- Punitive or exemplary damages. In cases involving egregious negligent or malicious behaviors, the court may force the defendant to pay a sum above and beyond existing damages as a form of punishment.
Determining the value of a fair recovery plays a crucial role in personal injury claims. At The Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert, we use the evidence from our extensive investigations, standard noneconomic damage calculation methods, and our clients’ daily experiences to determine a fair claim value. As a firm that specializes in trial law, we are not afraid to reject an unfair settlement offer and pursue a jury trial to secure the compensation you deserve.
How to Determine the Factors Influencing Your Personal Injury Claim
The goal of a personal injury lawsuit is to make the victim whole again after suffering injuries from another party’s negligence. If the victim suffered no economic loss, no tangible injury, and no measurable loss, then he or she has no grounds for a personal injury claim even if another party was negligent in a given situation.
If you wonder how much your claim could be worth, the best way to confirm your estimate is to take advantage of a free consultation offer from a personal injury attorney. The Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert, P.C. offers free case reviews to potential clients. During a free consultation, an attorney reviews the details of your claim and asks questions for more information about your damages, the circumstances surrounding your injury, and what you expect from a lawsuit. A free consultation can help you determine whether it is worth the trouble to pursue a lawsuit.
Assessing Your Damages
Depending on the severity of your injuries and economic losses, you may have options for alternatives to a personal injury lawsuit. For example, a minor car accident that only resulted in minimal cosmetic damage to the vehicles involved is a relatively simple situation the drivers may be able to handle between themselves without resorting to legal action.
Insurance may be enough to cover the cost of some accidents. However, you may not have the option to file an insurance claim for your accident depending on how it happened. Additionally, a personal injury lawsuit can help hold a negligent or intentionally harmful party accountable for the damage his or her behavior caused.
If you sustained significant damages from a personal injury, it is best to speak with an attorney as soon as possible. Never accept an insurance payout or settlement offer without consulting an attorney; doing so generally requires signing a release of liability that will prevent you from taking further legal action if you discover your settlement is not enough to fully cover the cost of your damages. Even if you think your incident may not qualify for legal action, it is best to discuss it with an attorney before making any definitive steps toward recovery.
Your Fort Worth Personal Injury Attorney
Anyone going through such an experience should reach out for a free case evaluation as soon as possible. After an accident, evidence and memories fade. A quick response time will allow us to immediately protect your right to a full recovery. Our team is available 24/7.
If you decide to move forward with our representation, you will not see a bill from us during the case. We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning we only accept payment after we successfully secure compensation on your behalf. Our team serving the Fort Worth area offers services in both English and Spanish. When you need a personal injury attorney you can trust, come to The Law Firm of Aaron A. Herbert.
Schedule a Free Consultation Today!
When careless people cause preventable injuries, you have a right to compensation. Contact to our Fort Worth office today to get started with your complimentary case review!